Burned music on CD won't play

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

funchic3

My sister burned me a CD with about 13 songs on 2 seperate CDs, both are CD-R80's, however, one plays on my computer fine and the other one won't pull up. It will play in my car CD player but not on my computer. Do you know if there is a way to reformat the CD so that I can pull it up on my computer?? Please help!

DoubleHelix

Banned
You can't format a CD-R disk. And formatting means erasing, so that certainly wouldn't help.

What does "won't pull up" mean? Can you browse the contents of the disk? What kind of files are listed?

funchic3

When I go to windows media player, it doesn't recognize the disk in the CD drive. I thought before when I had this problem I saved it as a different type of file but I can't remember. It says there are no files in the disk. When I double click on it to open it, nothing happens.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Did you talk to your sister to see what might be different between the two disks? If you can't even read the files, there's nothing you can do with it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts