1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burner install changes drive letters

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mtzlplex, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed Thread Starter

Good day to everyone. My system specs are 300mgh Pentium, 80 mb sd ram, 2gig hd, 700mb free, running 98se. I just installed a new cd burner, and as far as I can tell everything went ok, except that the after install, the cd burner had taken my cd-roms drive letter D, and moved my cd-rom to drive letter E without me being involved. Does anyone know what ramifications might occure because of this, or is this known to happen? It was my first time for install of cd burner, and NeroExpressV5.5.10.4, with Ahead incd V3.5.19.2. , but I noticed no problems as to how the install progressed, and nothing prompted me about a change in drive letters, it was just done by the install. Hard to tell if anything has changed, still trying to absorbe and learn the software. Any insight, and or thoughts on this matter will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Regards
    Mike Peters

2. mtzlplex

3. mobo

mobo

I don't believe you have anything to worry about there. It now means that your cdrw is master and the cdrom is slave. Did you check the jumpers on each ?

4. mtzlplex

Hi mobo, thanks for the reply, and the info, so far everything seems to be aok, burner, and cd-rom working, just have to get used to cd-rom being E instead of D. I just needed a little reasurance from a higher power than I, and have always gotten great advice here at the forum. I appreciate your taking time with someone new to cd-rws.

Regards
    Mike Peters

5. mobo

mobo

What I usually do is open " my computer" then right click on the drives and rename to to cdrom and cr/rw to help with confusion.

6. mtzlplex

Thanks for the tip mobo, am going to execute it right now.

Regards
    Mike Peters

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice