1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burner problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by blacktail4x5, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blacktail4x5

blacktail4x5 Thread Starter

Hi
    Its been a while since I post here before. New login! I would appreciate any help here. I am going to do a full restore again and want to save a bunch of pics and vids that I have. My burner all of a sudden will not work. If I put a disk in the screen pops up sometimes asking what ya want to do but when you try to copy to it (Drive E) a screen pops up saying there is not a disk in drive E. Put a disc in and retry or something like that. I have fought this for to long time so I may not have that word for word. Is there a way to put a test on this drive? The PC is getting old and full so I want to get rid of everyting and start over. We mostly use it for internet and pictures and I have restored it a few times already but it never completly clears it. Is there a way I can wipe the slate completly clean of everything and start over? Thanks in advace for any and all help!

2. blacktail4x5

3. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

It is easy just take the hard drive out of this computer and then install it into a working computer as a slave drive on the secondary IDE cable. When Windows recognizes the drive then you can manually backup all of the important data to the working burner drive on that computer to either CD-R's or DVD or what you can do on this existing computer if it has USB posts backup to thumb drives.

4. blacktail4x5

What are the chances of taking this burner out and blowing it out real well and having still work. It has set for many years without being cleaned and when I finally did last week it was WAY dirtier:)D ) then I ever thought I would get inside the tower?

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Go to http://www.newegg.com and check the prices on burners there. If it sat that long and got that dirty from just sitting makes me wonder if it is going to be ok after cleaning and the other thing is you can not take it apart and be sure it is going to be reliable.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596062

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice