1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burner wont burn using DVD Flick

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by greene75, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greene75

greene75 Thread Starter

Hey whats up guys. I have a External HP CD/DVD burner with my HP Notebook G71 laptop. I'm trying to burn this AVI to my blank DVD, and if you're familiar with DVD Flick when you go Create DVD it starts the encoding process. Well I go to the encoding process and my external burner doesn't make a sound. It doesn't burn anything. All I see is after the 3 hours is up, there is no data ring on my DVD and just files in a destination folder for the movie. I set the burner drive and everything to F drive.

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Is the right DVD drive selected in DVDFlick? Sometimes there can be virtual drives if something like VirtualCloneDrive is installed and selected by accident.

Also I think DVDFlick employs ImgBurn to do the actual burning so is that still installed and functioning ok? If you try using ImgBurn independently, can it burn the files in the destination folder and make the DVD? If that works fine then there's something up between DVDFlick and ImgBurn and perhaps a complete uninstall and reinstall would correct the problem.

You can also choose to create an ISO file (in DVDFlick settings) and then use any burning software to burn the DVD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice