1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning 2 DVDs at same time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gomar, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gomar

Gomar Thread Starter

First Name:
    Gomar
    I have an internal CD-RW, and wanted a DVD burner. I bought an external LG GSA-E40N/L. Works great.
    When I get a new PC, a DVD burner will be included. Thus, I will have 2 DVD burners. Or should I ask for no DVD burner on a new PC? A DVD-ROM or a CD-RW instead?
    My question is this: I want to have 2 DVDs of copies of photos, work, etc. Is it ok to burn to an internal CD-R/DVD and an external DVD simultaneously? I want to save time, and burning at a slow speed such as 16x would take too long if burning one at a time. Besides, what's the point of having 2 DVD burners then?

2. Gnomad

Gnomad

With the full version of Nero there is an option to burn to multiple burners, but I am not certain it will work with an external, I don't know why it wouldn't, I am just not sure if it will.

3. jhmalone

jhmalone

Hey there M8,

Both of the drives on my system are DVD burners - mainly because when I went to replace my CDRW drive, a DVD burner was the same cost.

I have burned on to both drives at the same time, however it greatly affects the speed esp if you are using the computer for something else at the time.

For convenience sake alone, its great...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/677822