1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning a Music CD without pauses between each track

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bachrock, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

if that was to me JW I'm using nero 6.6

2. bachrock

bachrock Thread Starter

i have nero 6 ultra edition.

3. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

thats the same version I'm using bachrock, when you tried to do the gapless burn did you leave the default pause alone with the first track or did you set that to 0sec as well? I'm pretty sure that leaving that first track alone is how I got it to work for me.

4. bachrock

bachrock Thread Starter

i don't have a spare cd on me so i can't check, but i must've changed the pause for the first track. you seem pretty sure that that's my mistake so i'll try that next time i burn a cd. thanks.

5. Moby

Moby

Yes, in Nero you must not choose to alter the gaps at the start or end of the CD (before the first track and after the last one). Everything in between can be de-gapped.

6. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

As JW said use Nero Express and tick 'no pause between tracks'. Done this for years it works correctly. Some times with a continuous play CD made up of mp3's you might get a very slight glitch/hiccup, but no pauses for me. On some older burners it doesn't work due to Track at Once vs. Disc at Once burning abilities.

7. bachrock

bachrock Thread Starter

excellent. my burner is less than 2 years old so i'm thinking it should work. thanks.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

I think I have the OEM Suite of Nero... I think i will test that out.

9. MouseJunkie

MouseJunkie

Just select all the audio files to be burnt -> right click -> properties -> set gaps(pause) between tracks to 0 -> burn -> Nero will say "there mus be a pause of at least..." -> Click OK(or YES) and the CD will be good.

Peace, MJ

10. justacafe

justacafe

This is easy stuff. I use Nero and it gives you the option to have gapless burning. I'm not at my home computer right now, but I'll give you the exact details tonight when I get home. But essentially, all the CD's that I burn have absolutely no gaps, and what's more, I can set Nero so that it actually fades from one song into the next. That's really cool and it sounds like it's one long recording (almost). I once tried making one long mp3 to fit on a CD (like Mulder suggests), but that's a lot of bull work. Take it from me, I have the answer. See you later tonight.

11. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

I think that has been said/explained more than a few times, with the exact details, in this thread already.

12. nottinmatterz_2d

nottinmatterz_2d

Hey I had the same problem, are you burning an MP3 cd or a regualr audio CD? whenever I'd burn MP3 it'd always have gaps I think it might be my stereo but for an audio cd I did I seletected to delete the gaps on the right bottom side when you add the tracks but when burning it asked if I wanted to continue because it needed 2-3 seconds before first track and I set it to do that and when I played the CD I noticed it deleted a second before EVERY track, actually part of the songs. to not have it show the 2-3 second required before first track error and still have gaps between songs u need to select the first track and click properties on the right and theres a section to add a pause and put 2 in there. I think this might only apply to CDs near the maximum capacity, mine was actually going over so i had to cut my last song a little bit but I got it to work 79:59

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/459756