1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning audio CD's w/ Text

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nutradoc, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nutradoc

Nutradoc Thread Starter

Hi,
    Does any have any experience with burning CD's so that they display the name of the song on the burned CD. I use NERO and Musicmatch, I am so frustrated at this point I am not sure I even want to contnue to use the programs anymore.

They burn OK, only I have two issues that if you can help me with I would appreciate it. First, I have backed up some songs onto a Data CD because I can fit more on the disk. Now I want to pull them offer to make an audio CD. I guess the procedure would be that I could copy the tune to my hard drive and then burn them from there. But when I go to burn them in NERO/MM will they convert them to a 128 bit audio format?
    Second, this is the one that burns me, is it possible to make a compilation CD from the above data CD with the names of the tracks for each song displayed on the burned disk. I have made 3 coasters, because I can't get the programs to write the name of the song onto the burned CD. It comes out with 'Track1, Track2 etc.' no names? Is it possible?
    Did I describe this well enough?

Any help will be appreciated!

James - [email protected]

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Audio CDs are pure audio, they don't store data such as track names.

3. Nutradoc

Nutradoc Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, is there a way to get the burner prgram to list the name of the songs? So that when I burn them the song names appear on the burned CD. Is there a way to tag the songs?

Thanks!
    James

4. RSM123

RSM123

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Only on a Data CD, not Audio.

6. mikeb2

mikeb2

Actually, you CAN create an Audio CD that stores the track names (as well as CD title and artist's name) on it. Here's a procedure that I got from Nero support when I was trying to figure out how to create a compilation CD from a few different source CDs, but it also describes exactly what to set so that the CD text is burned onto the CD. I've emailed it to you.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It would have been much more useful if you posted the procedure here, since other people with the same question might be following the thread. I'm curious as to what Nero said myself. :rolleyes:

8. mikeb2

mikeb2

I tried to, but couldn't figure out how to get it attached. Its a Word doc and I tried using the "Browse..." function to attach it, but kept getting an error. So if you tell me how, I'll add it.

9. mikeb2

mikeb2

I tried to, but couldn't figure out how to get it attached. Its a Word doc (with pictures) and I tried using the "Browse..." function to attach it, but kept getting an error. So if you tell me how, I'll add it.

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You can't attach word docs here.
    Either
    Save it as text and attach it or cutt + Paste it.

11. mikeb2

mikeb2

It really wouldn't work to save it as a text document since it is loaded with screen shots, and I could paste it in here, but is 10 pages long, however, I just checked their web site and I think they have now posted most of these procedures...here's the link

http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html#c1034059052386

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/133008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice