1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning .bin files without the cue file

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jeopardy, Aug 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jeopardy

jeopardy Thread Starter

Hi,

I'd like to know if someone can help me with the following problem. I have serveral movie files with the extension *.bin they came with a *.cue file and i use CDRWIN 3.9d to burn them and it workes fine.:D
    Although some files are above 800 mb i can burn them on a 80 min blanc cdr.:eek:
    I have also some files DL that didn't came with the *.cue file :(
    Now my question is can you make the *.cue file if you have only the *.bin file?:confused:
    Or is there some other way to get these movie's on a cd just like all the other .bin files that came with the *.cue files?:confused:

I realy need some help becouse my 120 GB harddrive s running out of data for me ! :D

I realy like too BURN them all !!!!

;)

tnx for helping
    Dutch tactical fighters
    [TSB] clansite

2. Nocomply

Nocomply

Not tried burning a .bin without the cue, but alcohol 120% seems rather good at mounting cueless bins on phantom drives. From there u could just drag the mpeg from the image and re-author it with Nero

3. jeopardy

jeopardy Thread Starter

tnx for your repley, i allready tried to burn the files after renaming it to mpg or mpeg it works but the difference is that when you have a *cue file you can burn a 812 mb file on a 700 Mb cd. when i rename the file it is still more than 800 mb and nero can't off course burn it on a 700 mb cd.....
    those 120 % alcohol is a rather good idee.. i feel much better now !!! what do you mean by te-author it? can you explane?

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Try renameing the .bin file into a .iso file.

5. Nocomply

Nocomply

sorry this is a bit late but...

actually you can burn an 812 mpeg file onto a 700 meg CD using Nero. Using nero express, just choose "Super Video CD".

"Add file" using the browser and nero scans it to make sure its SVCD compliant and then burns it to a 700 meg CD.

Someone gave me an SVCD of a film a while back and it just wouldn't play in my DVD player. I put it in the computer, dragged off the mpeg and re-authored / burned it without taking any notice of the mpegs file size.

It was only afterwards i noticed the video file was 800 meg. I have no ideo where the extra 100 meg goes but it always works.

6. jbcalg

jbcalg

smoke and mirrors LOL - apples and oranges actually - you're burning in a different mode than other data

here's an easy explanation
    (from: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/faq#740)
    How come that I can fit 740 MB on a 74 min CD or 800 MB on a 80 min CD?
    A VCD,XVCD,XSVCD or SVCD are burned in mode 2 form 2 instead of ordinary data mode where you fit 650 MB on a 74 min CD. The mode2 form2 has less error correction than data mode.

80 min CD
    VCD/SVCD/XVCD mode
    Mode2 Form2 = 2324 bytes/sector = 360 000 * 2324 = about 800 MB on a 80 min CD.
    Data mode
    Mode1 Form1 = 2048 bytes/sector = 360 000 * 2048 = about 700 MB on a 80 min CD.

(a 80min CD has 75 sectors/s = 80min CD * 60 * 75 = 360000)

74 min CD
    VCD/SVCD/XVCD mode
    Mode2 Form2 = 2324 bytes/sector = 333 000 * 2324 = about 740 MB on a 74 min CD.
    Data mode
    Mode1 Form1 = 2048 bytes/sector = 333 000 * 2048 = about 650 MB on a 74 min CD.

(a 74min CD has 75 sectors/s = 74min CD * 60 * 75 = 333000)

or read more here: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/135642.php

7. Nocomply

Nocomply

Doh ! You've spoiled the mystery now :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/158936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice