1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning CD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Flrman1, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Flrman1

Flrman1 Thread Starter

I have an audio file (mp3) that I am having trouble burning to CD. The mp3 is 42 minutes long as it is an entire album. The problem is that it only burns about 20 minutes of it to the CD. When I play it in Windows Media Player it shows and plays the full 43 mins. but when I open it in Easy CD it only shows as 20 mins. long and it only burns about half of the file. Any ideas what the problem is and how to get the whole file to burn? BTW I am using EZ CD Creator 5 Platinum with all updates.

2. Sponsor

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

4. slipe

slipe

Download Feurio and try that: http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml

The demo is not restricted and doesnÂ’t expire. At least mine never did. It is excellent audio recording software. It would give you an idea whether something is wrong with the MP3 file or with EZCD.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You might also use one of the many WAV audio processing programs to split it into individual songs, they should burn without issue.

6. Flrman1

Flrman1 Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I uninstalled Easy CD and installed Nero and had the same problem with Nero.

Johnwill I'm not familiar with the wave processing programs you are reffering to could you please specify?

I really don't have a clue why the whole file is not being recognised by either Nero or EZ CD. Maybe splitting it into individual tracks is the answer. Up to now the audio Cd's I have burned have all been individual tracks and I have never encountered this problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!