1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning CD

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by awc, Apr 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. awc

awc Thread Starter

I download music from the net, and my question, is it possible to transfer the music program to a CD and if so can anyone suggest the easiest way to do, eg. do I need special equipment or can it be done by downloading a program which will allow me to do this.
    awc

2. Sponsor

3. ched

ched

First you need a cd drive that is capable of "burning" a cd. If you have that, then you most likely already have the software to create a music cd (one very popular programs that comes with a cd writer / burner is Roxio)

If you have all of the above, then start your cd writer program, when you start it it will ask you what you want to do - tell it you want to create a music cd. Then it will give you some sort of file manager type of box, pick the files you want to put on the cd (mp3, wav, etc.) and copy them, drag and drop them, or whatever.

then find the "burn", or create button - click that, and it will start making the cd.

Be careful not to put too much on it. watch the screen, you usually can go up to 500 -550 meg .... or about 60 minutes (depending on how your software reads it).

Good luck

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Do you want to burn the music or the music program? If the latter, what program?

5. awc

awc Thread Starter

I have downloaded a number of recordings and have them on file, what I would like to do is place them on a CD and listen to them on my CD player.
    What do you think,
    awc

6. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

You need a CD-Burner and a blank CD-R.
    Do you have these?
    Then what program are you using to burn CDs (such as Ez CD Creator or Nero....).

7. awc

awc Thread Starter

I have just ordered CD/DVD creator 6 produced by ROXIO,hopefully this will put me on the right road, I will keep you posted
    awc

8. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Do you have a cd burner?

9. awc

awc Thread Starter

Unless it is hidden to the best of my knowledge I do not have one
    awc

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Then Roxio is useless.
    A cd burner is the actual hardware with a laser that writes the data to the cd. Well, maybe you have one. On your phyiscal computer, do you have 2 cd drives, or does the drive have a little logo that says Recordable or Rewritable?

11. awc

awc Thread Starter

Now you have me, I apologise for my lack of knowledge in respect of the workings of my computer, I looked at the drive (which is single and says Mercury DVD 16X and that is all)
    Now the question is is there a solution to my problem, or have I wasted my money with my purcahse.
    awc

12. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

That drive won't burn CDs :(
    Although you should have no problem getting your money back on the software if you haven't opened it yet.

If you want to burn CDs, you could buy a cd burner. They run about $30.
    But then you would have to get it installed unless you buy an external one but those are really expensive.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/129541