1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning cd

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vanmol, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vanmol

vanmol Thread Starter

Hi Guys Is it possible to (alter) increase or decrease the volume when copying a CD. Not my puter but will get any additional info need for an answer.

2. dai

dai

i dont think so

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Use this to play the CD on one drive then record live to the second drive.
    http://spider.nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html

Example: CD1 playing in media player (adjust volume here) -> virtual audio cable in -> virtual audio cable out -> recording live to cd with cd burning app.

Alternately, you can put a patch cable from your speaker out to your line-in on your sound card and record from there. (works best with a splitter on the speaker output so you can here it as it's recording.

You could also rip the CD to mp3 then use a normalizer to increase or decrease the volume.

4. slipe

slipe

Why not use the wave editor in Nero or the track editor in Feurio with the wave file? You lose quality converting to and from MP3. The Feurio demo is unrestricted and as far as I know still doesn’t expire.

This is the Feurio blurb on the track editor:

“The Track Editor is a simple wave editor. With this editor you can e.g. remove/cut the silence at the beginning or end of a track or insert fade-ins and fade-outs.
    Furthermore you can adjust the amplitude of the tracks.
    The great advantage in contrast to a normal wave editor is, that the Feurio!® Track Editor directly works together with the Feurio!® CD Writer: All actions will be done "on the fly", i.e. only the information about the start and end positions, the fadings, the amplitude, etc. will be transferred to the Feurio!® CD Writer and the corresponding actions will be done while burning (so the wave file remains untouched).
    Because of this the wave file doesn't have to be re-saved, so time will be saved. Furthermore the modifications can be undone at any time.
    Last but not least, Feurio!® creates, when reading the tracks the first time, an "overview file", so that the track editor doesn't need to read in the whole wave file when starting (which means that further time is saved).”
    http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml

You can probably do the same thing in Nero. I’m just accustomed to Feurio.

5. angry man

angry man

If you have nero. copy the CD using the Nero Burning Rom > Recorder > Save Track. Open the wave file with Nero Wave Editor click 'Edit' click 'Select All' or just highlight the portion of the wave you want the volume changed , then go to 'Volume' and change the volume.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

FYI, the normal peak sampling normalization technique doesn't do all that hot a job, I was pretty unhappy with the results of several applications.

7. spruce

spruce

Check out MP3GAIN.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/159959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice