1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning CD

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Snikkers, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Snikkers

Snikkers Thread Starter

You know that little bubble that comes up above the Task Bar (right side) that says 'You have files to be written to CD. Click here...'?

Where does that go when it disappears before you can get back from the other room where you went to get a blank CD because you're so stupidly disorganized you can't stand yourself? :eek:

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You open the burner's drive letter in My Computer and click "Write these files to CD" in the task pane on the left.

3. Snikkers

Snikkers Thread Starter

By George, there it was. However...

I elected to 'Move' my Photos folder (not My Pictures) to a CD. My Photos folder has every picture on it I've ever taken. (Only a slight exaggeration.)

The Photos folder that burned to the CD is empty. And now the Photos folder (the one I elected to 'Move' to CD) in My Documents is empty.

I'm trying to remain calm but does anyone know where my gazillion photos that were in my Photos folder went?

4. slipe

slipe

If you can figure out the file name of one of the photos you can just do a regular Windows search. You can probably get it by downloading a photo from your camera and subtracting a hundred or so from the number in the file name.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you're lucky the files are in the temporary burning folder. However, I don't know how this applies to actually re-assigning a system folder location to removable media. Hopefully you now realize that was a bad idea. Unfortunately, to change it back requires either manually editing the registry or using TweakUI (part of Windows XP Power Toys) to change the location back. Until then, do not save anything to My Pictures as it will likely just disappear.

Temporary CD burning location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice