1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning CD's from a cassette player?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mel1957, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mel1957

mel1957 Thread Starter

I have an unusual question. My wife has an extensive cassette tape collection. How can I burn/record them to CD's? Was hoping for a way to download them, one at a time, to the hard drive, (20GB), and then transfer them to the CD/RW drive. I have had no luck so far.:confused:

Any help might save my hide. LOL Was doing this as an anniversary gift for her. She only has a CD player in her car and I wanted her to be able to listen to her tapes. Her player does not have an input jack on it, cannot use an adapter either. Tried an RF converter, did not work either.

My computer is as follows;
    Dell OptiPlex GX1
    Pentium III 500mhz
    CD/RW Drive (1)
    CD/rom Drive (1)
    3GB Hard drive (OS only)
    20GB Hard drive (app's, programs etc..)
    SoundBlaster 16 PCI sound card

[email protected]

2. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Audacity is a free package that's very capable and has lots of sound processing options for noise removal and volume adjustment.

I'll move this to Other Software, since it's really not a tip or trick. :)

4. letchworth

letchworth

I would definitely second the recommendation of Audacity (free and Open Source----- and it does a great job).

If you are looking for the specifics of how to do the job- let me pass along a couple links I picked up along the way that I think cover the topic well (even though I would use Audacity as my first choice program):
    http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm
    http://www.audiotoolsdirect.com/vinyl.shtml

Good luck-- I hope the wife enjoys her tunes,
    letchworth

5. Krelian

Krelian

Audacity is a good choice for cleaning up the audio as well once you've digitalized it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice