Burning Cd's(or NOT) with MusicMatch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mpilarski

Since MusicMatch has been out we have been using it to burn cd's on this computer up until now! All of a sudden we can not burn any longer, and an error comes up stating...

An underwriting error has occurred, this means the computer had a hard time keeping up with the burn, try again burning at a slower speed.

Now we have tried every speed available and many different brands of disc's with no results, so due to past problems with our win95 program we bought the full version of WinXP cleaned the hard drive & started fresh, than we upgraded to Musicmatch10, AND STILL get the same msg!

Can anyone help?

We are using an HP pavilion 8750c with Win XP home edition.

Does it only happen with the Musicmatch software?

Try using CDBurnerXp Pro or DeepBurner just to check whether it is Musicmatch or not.
Both applications are free.

Make sure during burning that the PC is NOT used for any oher application or purpose.

The 8750 will run XP, but there is not much left in the way of resources for anything else.

mpilarski

Deepburner Pro works can anyone explain what hapened with Musicmatch?

mpilarski

Usually when we're using musicmatch it is the only thing running when we try to burn. I have not figured out yet (using winXP that is) how to check on the resourses, while it's running. But I wouldn't doubt that being the prblem right now with our lovely 8750.

Press control + Alt + Delete and when windows task manager appears click on the performance tab. That will display memory usage etc..

Have you tried uninstalling Musicmatch and then reinstalling it?

kidcnote

Banned
mpilarski said:
Since MusicMatch has been out we have been using it to burn cd's on this computer up until now! All of a sudden we can not burn any longer, and an error comes up stating...

An underwriting error has occurred, this means the computer had a hard time keeping up with the burn, try again burning at a slower speed.
Did you apply this http://www.pixpond.com/1/p2otx6.jpg I did and I lost most of my functions to record or burn. Had to reformat and I'll never fall for that again..

mpilarski

Have cleared hard drive completely when installing full version of winXP so everythng from musicmatch was wiped out also & than reinstalled with the latest upgrade version (Musicmatch 10). and I did not apply http://www.pixpond.com/1/p2otx6.jpg to the best of my knowledge.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online