burning cd's using the knoppix live cd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

azncompman

if you take a look at my other postHardware you will see that i need to extract some files. i happen to have a knoppix live cd but i don't know how to burn cd's or if you can burn cd's

azncompman

i can't seem to burn anything past 440 mb. jst stops and says unknown error 204.

Whiteskin said:
k3b. Usually works fine.
k3b is pretty cool. I've saved data from botched Windows installations with
Knoppix/Overclockix live CD's.

Everyone should have a LiveCD for maintenance and disaster recovery.

azncompman

i managed to install windows again on my old drive. don't know how long it will last so am burning 15 gb in one sitting

azncompman

actually 20 :). i would have created an image but since i'm trying to add a partition, i didn't know if it would work. By the way, do you knowq how to burn the Mandrake 10 files after donwloading them. (which file goes where)

azncompman

on a dial-up connection? how many months will that take. (have access to a broadband computer with burner but not mine.)

Its a list of mirrors. Lemme check some and see if i can dig up an official iso. Once i have it i will post a direct link to all three cds.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online