1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning CD's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by crellin, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Hello, I have a HP CD-Writer Series 82000e plus and I have having trouble burning a cd.
    I have had "Buffer underruns" which I understand somewhat. I don't know if it is caused by the writer or the disc is to fast.

The writer burns at 4x600 kbs, or 2x300 or 1x150 kbs. I am assuming that the 4x600 is the slower speed. I have noticed that when the cd starts to burn it gives a burn time of approx. 16 minutes, however when time gets within 4minutes left it fails.

I might mention that I am using nero smart start-with cdRomburn..

It was suggested that maybe the discs I am using are high speed discs. I don't know enough about that to figure this out. I am using memorex CD-R52x700mb's 80 mins.

I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The slowest speed is the 1 x 150.

What are the specifications of the PC that you are using to do the burning with?

The buffer under-run is where the PC cannot keep up with the data required.

Also you should never use the PC for any other task when burning.

Is this an external or internal CD drive? What WIndows version?

3. crellin

crellin Thread Starter

Hello thanks for replying. I am using winxp/pro. The burner is inside. I have nothing running except my virus software.

Not sure of the specs, cp is a premio intel inside pentium iii. I don't have any other infor.

It seems to me that the other nite I tried to burn at 1/150 and failed also. So, maybe software of burner is bad.

Will be out of town for several days and will look for any response at that time.

Thanks have a good day/night(y)

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That sounds like a pretty old CD-RW drive. You may be encountering a compatibility issue. Personally, I'd suggest it's probably past time for a new CD-RW drive. Here's a more modern drive for $17.99 free shipping: http://3btech.net/ar48wrinidec.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/453609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice