Burning CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KrzyPrk

Hi,

I have burn some CDs of 74Min 650MB. Now, I'm planning to burn CDs of 80Min 700MB. I'm just wondering when burning a CD-R of 80Min 700MB, is it the drive that's supporting it or the software? or are all drives able to burn onto 80MB CD w/ the support of the software?

thanks

Both the software and drive must support it, but most do. What are you using? Firmware and software updated?

Just like 30, 60, 90, 120 minute casette tapes
CDs will change as technology advances. Your CD-R should be able to handle any size CD as long as the formatting is the same.
Cast aside thy limitations; and thou shall be boundless!

J.R. Sanford

Email me if you like...
jr_sanford@qwest.net

Attachments

What burner? I think EZCD4 will do 700 Mb CDs if you update the software (to 4.05 I think). I haven’t used it for a while, but I think even the updated version of the EZCD 4 still shows only 650 available, but it will overburn to the full 700. Perhaps someone could confirm that.

Update: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdcupdates.jhtml

Some Sonys and Sony based HPs will not overburn even with the updated software. There is a workaround with the Sonys.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online