burning data to dvdr disks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

2steps

how can I burn data to dvdr disk? I tried using nero (6 ukltra edition) but it just tells me I cannot use this disk type

Do you have a DVD+ or DVD- writer? Or do you have DVD+/-?
Check to make sure the discs you have are compatible with the writer you are using.

If that is not the problem, post the error message.

2steps

my drive works with dvdr and dvdrw disks (on the front it says dvd+rewritable) the disk I have is a dvd+r disk

the error message just says you cannot use this type of disk for the compilation. then underneath it says requided media cdr/rw

DoubleHelix

Banned
Did you specifically select a data disk as the type of project you want to do? Or did you select music or video disk?

er dumb question but when you start nero do you select "dvd" in the New Compilation
cd/dvd drop down box?

Use the Nero info tool (installed with Nero) to check that your DVD-RW drive can burn DVD+R, as well as DVD-R discs.

2steps

double helix, your post made me think. I had selected cd rom(iso) as thats what I normally use when using cdrs.

I have the choice of
cdrom (iso)
audio cd
mixed mode cd
cd copy
video cd
super video cd
mini dvd
cd rom (boot)
cd rom (hybrid)
cd rom (UDF)
cd rom (UDF-ISO)

Lister, I hadn't noticed that box :eek: I've selected dvd and will try again now :eek:

2steps

after secleting dvd instead of cd it burnt fine but now the pc won't read the disk :( this morning the dvd drive is reconising any blank disks, dvd or cd

should I update the fireware for the drive? It asked yesterday but I wasn't sure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online