1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVD movies in faster time (not burner speed)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by oh-hush, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oh-hush

oh-hush Thread Starter

I currently use WinDVD Creater 4 to make my DVDs. I usually have around 1-2 hours of video on the dvd's I create. In WinDVD creator it seems that it has to "Make the movie" by playing it in the little screen, while it really slowly progresses. It takes about 2 hours to make the movie in that damned program. Is there any programs that can make the movie without having to wait so freaking long?

This question has nothing to do with my dvd burner speed, just the program and how long it takes to create the dvd in the program.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

2. Big-K

Big-K

You might try closing any running processes that you know you don't need. Shut off your antivirus and firewall temporarily, and open windows, browsers, etc. Then leave it and let it burn, and see if that helps.

3. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

2 hours is not long time and here's why:

In order for the movie to be playable on a standalone DVD player, the movie has to be encoded to meet the DVD standard. You movie was not filmed in DVD format (MPEG2, 720x480 @ 29.97 FPS). Your movie is probably in 4:3 standard NTSC TV format wich is probably at 352x240 @ 23.976 FPS.

The movie MUST be encoded at 720x480 @29.97 FPS (for NTSC players) or it won't work. So what WinDVD Creater is doing is converting the movie from 352x240 @ 23.976, to 720x480 @ 29.976. 2 Hours is not a long time to do the conversion, actually, that's pretty fast. Usually 2 hours of movie takes about 6 hours to convert(depending on the PC)

I will probably get in trouble for this but this forum is a great resource:

http://www.videohelp.com

4. oh-hush

oh-hush Thread Starter

tdi_veedub, thank you so much! Yes, thank makes a lot of sense. I totally understand it now. 6 hours compared to 2 hours is nooo problem at all. Thanks!

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Easier to hack your DVD player to play the other formats.. :)

or build yourself a linux media center with a old mobo.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!