1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVD Problems ?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by patric333, Jun 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

I am having problems burning DVD'S. When I put a DVD Movie to burn in Drive D then a Blank DVD+RW into drive E I keep getting a error message saying "Please Insert a Blank rewriteable DVD 9" I tried 8 new DVD+RW DVD'S and kept getting the same message? any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
    I have Record Now / Sonic Version 7.3 and windows XP. Below is the responce I got from sonic...I am using Sony & Memorex DVD+RW and How do you tell which media your Burner prefers? RW+ or RW- ?

pat...

"The problem may be in the media itself. Are you using the correct media for your drive? Example, are you using -RW media when your burner only uses +RW? Are you doing an exact copy and trying to burn a DVD+R to DVD-R or vice versa? Also, make sure that you are using the branded media recommended by the manufacturer. Generic or "cheap" media has been known to cause a fair share of wasted discs and money for Sonic users. If you type in the model of your burner into the following link, it can tell you what kind of media you can burn to and what the best brands are to use, usually

2. lister

lister

3. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

Lister
    Thanks for the web page but when I tried to download, I kept getting a "Page not Found" ? Thanks..

pat..

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

5. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

Elvandil
    Thanks for the link, it say that my DVD Burner is able to use DVD+RW along with 6 other types. I tried tonight again with several different DVD movies and still nothing ? Should I just uninstall / reinstall to see if that helps? Thanks

pat...

6. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

I was looking at my D & E drives
    D - Philiphs DVD+RW
    E - Samsung DVD-ROM
    Sonic said to make sure that the drives are compatible. My question is since my E drive is a "DVD-" Does that mean I can only use DVD-RW ? Im a little lost in this area so???

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you're trying to copy DVD movies, you're out of luck here. We won't help you break the law.

8. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

JohnWiLL
    The movie I am trying to burn is a wedding video on DVD.But it is in a DVD case and just says DVD on it like any movie would. Thanks for the info.

9. Moby

Moby

DVD9 is a dual layer DVD disc. If it's asking for this type of disc, then maybe the wedding DVD is on a dual layer disc. How big is the file size of your wedding video? Normal DVD discs hold 4.5gb, dual layer discs hold 8.5gb.

10. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

Moby

The specs on the wedding video are 4.5 gb.. here is what I have, Hardware & software regarding my DVD burner.

" E-SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E
    D-PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631

Sonic RecordNow! 7.3Sonic
    Update Manager 2.9
    Sonic DLA 4.95.3
    Sonic MyDVD 5.3.0
    DUAL DRIVE CONFIG - 16X DVD-ROM DRIVE + 16X DVD-/RW w/dbl layer write capable "

I dont know if that helps any but just to have for futer reference. Thanks for your help.

pat..

11. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think it's asking for a dual-layer 9gig DVD blank.

12. Moby

Moby

Not being familiar with the software you are using, I can only suggest that somewhere in the options/choices of the burning software, you have chosen to burn to (or, you may not have physically chosen it but it's set at this at the moment) a dual layer disc.
    If that's what it's set to do, then that'll be the disc it wants . . .
    Maybe.

13. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I see an error from your first post... if this is what your doing..
    then you have them backward... DVD-ROM (E) is just a reader, not a burner..
    Your (D) drive is the burner.... put the movie in E, and a blank in D..

As that is seeing the movie and that disc is already recorded..

14. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

Super-D-38
    I tried what you said and I kept getting a message saying,
    "Please insert a disc into the SAMSUNG DVD-ROM(D:) Drive"

This is what it says when I open up my DVD software.
    1. Insert the disk you wish to copy in the drive below
    SAMSUNG DVD-ROM (D:)
    2. Insert a Blank or Rewriteable Disk in the drive below.
    PHILIPS DVDRW 9 (E:)

Moby
    I searched the options in the Record now software and didnt see any options regarding burning to a dual layer disc, I have e mailed sonic also but they have been beyond slow in getting back to me. Thank You...

pat...

15. patric333

patric333 Thread Starter

sorry for the smiley faces..I just realized when I tryed to make a D: with a " ) " it makes a face by doing that...

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/369814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice