Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning DVD with Nero

891 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Selwyn 
#1 ·
Hi, Gang! Looking for help (again) with technical jargon and knowhow! I have never had much success with Nero and another problem has arisen: I am trying to burn (or just make a data disc) from a .AVI file that I have prepared and every time I try to drag the file across I get a message saying that the file is greater than 2G and I must try another compilation (UDF). There is no clue or instruction what all this means or what I am supposed to do. Can anyone walk me through this?
Thanks,:)
Selwyn.

#3 ·
Hi, Elvandil - thanks for your immediate response. I really do not have much more information than that I have given - or at least, I don't know where to look for it: What is OS and where/what is the information concerning the file system I have on my computer?
Yrs,
Selwyn:confused:

#5 ·
What operating system is in use on the computer/ And the file system is probably either FAT32 or NTFS.

And what are you burning to? If a CD, for example, you only get 700 MB's of space, while you get 4.3 GB's with a DVD and 8+ GB's with double-layer DVD's.

#6 ·
Hi you two - the file system is NTFS and I am using Windows XP.

My day is just beginning here in Israel and I am off to work in a few minutes. Please do not be surprised if your next posts do not receive an immediate response......

Yrs,
Selwyn:D :eek:

#11 ·
Hi again - No, the error message only says it is BIGGER than 2 G. In fact it is 4.7 g which is a full DVD disc, isn't it? I suppose I could edit some stuff out if that will help........(?). But will that be the only problem, or is there more to this technology than meets the eye?
Selwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.