Burning DVD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

oaklands

Ihave the Nero software for burning a DVD, but I was just wondering, without even using that, I have just copied and pasted jpg pictures to my DVD drive (where I've inserted a DVD -RW disc) and the files show up there without burning. Do I still need to burn?

DoubleHelix

Banned
Yes. The copy/paste operation puts them in a temporary staging folder. They're not actually written to the disk until you initiate the burning process.

oaklands

Yes. The copy/paste operation puts them in a temporary staging folder. They're not actually written to the disk until you initiate the burning process.
Thanks - I'm new at this, so thanks for your patience. So, when I'm done copying them to the temporary staging folder, then what do I do? I only have one DVD/CD drive. Thanks again.

Look around as you should see "burn these to cd" after clicking on the cd drive in My Computer. Native burning software though can only burn cd's in XP while in Vista and Windows 7, you can burn dvd's as well with the native software.

oaklands

It burned and said it was successful, but the file under the DVD drive will not open - I tried to Open With a number of programs - no luck.

Thanks.

It would be real helpful if you told us what operating system you have, the make and model # of the burner and what program you used to burn with.

oaklands

Sorry, I'm using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 and used Nero to burn - the burner came with the computer (all it says on the burner is Multi Recorder R DL Ram 2). Thanks.

DoubleHelix

Banned
I thought you said you weren't using Nero. What files did you burn and what are the exact steps you took to burn the data?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online