1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by oaklands, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oaklands

oaklands Thread Starter

Ihave the Nero software for burning a DVD, but I was just wondering, without even using that, I have just copied and pasted jpg pictures to my DVD drive (where I've inserted a DVD -RW disc) and the files show up there without burning. Do I still need to burn?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Yes. The copy/paste operation puts them in a temporary staging folder. They're not actually written to the disk until you initiate the burning process.

3. oaklands

oaklands Thread Starter

Thanks - I'm new at this, so thanks for your patience. So, when I'm done copying them to the temporary staging folder, then what do I do? I only have one DVD/CD drive. Thanks again.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

Look around as you should see "burn these to cd" after clicking on the cd drive in My Computer. Native burning software though can only burn cd's in XP while in Vista and Windows 7, you can burn dvd's as well with the native software.

5. oaklands

oaklands Thread Starter

It burned and said it was successful, but the file under the DVD drive will not open - I tried to Open With a number of programs - no luck.

Thanks.

6. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

It would be real helpful if you told us what operating system you have, the make and model # of the burner and what program you used to burn with.

7. oaklands

oaklands Thread Starter

Sorry, I'm using Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 and used Nero to burn - the burner came with the computer (all it says on the burner is Multi Recorder R DL Ram 2). Thanks.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I thought you said you weren't using Nero. What files did you burn and what are the exact steps you took to burn the data?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!