Burning DVDs with my CD/r

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jozazza

Hello
is there any way that i can burn a DVD disc using my CD writer? or do i have to buy a DVD writer?

thanks

Jo

awalker0878

Removed by request
you will have to buy a DVD burner to burn DVD's. But you can *reduce* the size and quality of video so it can fit on a CD encoded in a format called a VCD (Video Compact Disc)

jozazza

thanks.And will i be able to play this vcd on a conventinal DVD player?Also do you have the location of a good guide/faq on how i do this?

thanks
jo

awalker0878

Removed by request
Almost all DVD players support VCD/SVCD. what software do use to burn CD's or DVD's so I describe it easlier to understand?

jozazza

I use the copy to cd function in windows xp or windows media player to rip cds.I dont use special software.However i can download nero or other software if this will make things easier.

jo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online