1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by midlandman, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. midlandman

midlandman Thread Starter

I picked up a DVD burner and I'm having no luck at all getting a DVD to work.I'm converting AVI to MPEG2 And using Virtual Dub to seperate the audio and the video.Then using the B's recorder gold5 wizard,I burn the DVD.Then all is well,untill I try to watch it on my DVD player and all I get is "Disc error".It's not the player,it's equipped to play DVD-R-RW and VCD.
    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong,except for wrecking about 15 blank DVD's(which ain't cheap!).
    My question is...does anyone know a program that will convert the files AND burn them to DVD for tech stupid people like me?Or point me to a site that can help?
    I should add that the new burner burns audio and MP3's fine.
    Thanks...and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!(I know it's early,but what the heck!)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm not sure you can assume it's not the player. I've discovered that there is a large gulf between the advertising copy and the actual capability of many disk players. Have you tried it on different players?

FWIW, I had to make myself a bunch of disks in my quest for a DVD player. I made a DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, VCD, and an MP3 disk. Then I went around to stores and tried my battery of disks. I bought the player that would handle them all. :)

3. midlandman

midlandman Thread Starter

I can only assume that what the owners manual says is true.I can tell you that it plays regular DVD's,audio and MP3's great.But I will have someone try them on a different DVD player to make sure it's not the player.

4. Saint Anger

Saint Anger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!