1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVDs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by maineac60, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maineac60

maineac60 Thread Starter

:confused: I have been trying for three days to convert and burn to DVD a movie that I downloaded as an .avi file....I have converted it many times with many different programs and whenever I try to burn it, it is always too big for the disk. The closest I have come was with WinAVI which converted it into two files...however, they are still too big (over 5 gig)....I am totally lost!!! what do I do next???

2. PCDJ

PCDJ

Try to buy/order a copy of the DVD so you'll have the best quality and quit messing around with DVD copying software. I have found that however much you spend on the software, the quality always stinks !!!!

Wil it be worth all the time and effort?
    Maybe, if you have a TV from 1970 and the picture tube needs to be degaussed.

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

4. CrackerC78

CrackerC78

You can use Nero 6 Ultra Edition found at www.nero.com to convert your avi to dvd video. They have a demo version but i'm not sure if that includes the dvd video plugin-you may have to purchase a serial key. The Ultra Edition comes with Nero Vision Express which allows you to create a dvd video from an avi according to your specifications. I have used it many times and it works really well, it is worth purchasing.

5. FusionSlayer

FusionSlayer

Uh...Step 1: put the .avi into Premiere. Let Premiere Pro render it. The file will be very large. Now, using Roxio DVD Creator, put the rendered .avi on the DVD and Roxio will compress it for you.

That's always worked for me.

6. maineac60

maineac60 Thread Starter

Well, I heve neither of those programs. Must be about the only two that I don't have..I have converted the avi to mpg.......I have Nero Ultra and U lead software. NERO keeps telling me that the file is too big... Haven't tried ULEAD yet...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice