1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by iworld, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I just got a new Sony DVD burner to burn the video files off of my computer. The videos are a .avi, and I was told to burn a dvd, i should convert it to a .VOB, which I did but the files I burned wern't veiwable on a DVD player. I put the video files into the video_ts folder.

How do I burn .vob files? Should I convert my video into another format?

2. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

3. thecoalman

thecoalman

Use a program that is for authoring discs, you probably received one in the pacckage that came with the burner. For a disc to play on a standalone requires more than just converting a file to VOB.

Here's a list of what makes up a DVD: www.videohelp.com/dvd

If you don't have a program for authorin a DVD I'd suggest trying Ulead Movie Factory... There's many other as well.

4. iworld

iworld Thread Starter

I actualy found a program called ConvertXtoDVD which works amazingly. Thanx anyways! Oh but this does bring me to another question - When it converts and burns the files, where does the converted files go? I can't seem to find it :(

5. thecoalman

thecoalman

I've seen that recomended before by lot's of people. I didn't like the conversion quality myself on a older version but i know it's easy to use. Probably as good or better than Nero.

As far as the file locations I don't know. Look in the options or preferences and it will be listed there. That or Documents folder or the folder it installed to.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice