1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVD's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by INeedGmail!!, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. INeedGmail!!

INeedGmail!! Thread Starter

I have a 3 hour Video on my hard drive. I'm trying to copy that file onto a DVD. i have a DVD burner, as well as a external DVD burner. The external dvd burner has s-video, and dv inputs, as well as the basic 3 plugs (audiovideo). I have the Sony DVD DIRECT External burner model VRD-VC20 ( http://reviews.designtechnica.com/review2700.html ). I have the USB input for it I have the wire. Do I need any programs? Any specific software. My main goal is getting that amount of minutes onto the DVD. I'm thinking burning it in "LP" mode. Can someone help me?

Thanks ahead of time.

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

What do you want to do with it once you get on DVD, play on a TV like a regular DVD or just on your computer?

What format is the video in now and how big is it in filesize?

3. INeedGmail!!

INeedGmail!! Thread Starter

Yes, as soon as I get it on DVD I wan't to play it on the TV, on my DVD Player not on the computer. ITs in 2 parts, each about an hour and 50 minutes. They are movie clip files which can be played using Windows MEdia PLayer. Each file size is 8 gb, but I can reduce the size by reducing the bitrate, or file format (Mpg). I''m almost positive I can reduce the file sizes so that combined they will be less than 4.7 gb.

4. thecoalman

thecoalman

For that you need authoring software. Easy and cheap is would bw something Like Ulead Movie Factory. If you want some editing options Ulead Video Studio. Botha have free trials so if you want to do it only once you can probably use them unless the trials are crippled which I don't know.

Yes you can but reducing bitrate also reduces quality. They have to be MPEG with certain specs to be DVD compliant. Both of those apps above will create that for you. Use the bitrate calculator here to determine the correct bitrate to fit on disc and adjust the properties in the programs above to match them. I'm pretty sure they even have a "fit to disc option" which will do it automatically.

http://www.videohelp.com/calc.htm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!