1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning DVDs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by garystan, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garystan

garystan Thread Starter

Is it possible to burn 2+ hours of video file to a standard DVD disk ?
    I have no problem burning aound 1h 40m of video.
    Unless, there's a compression software that would work.
    My System :
    Windows XP Professional 32-bit
    2.8ghz AMD Processor
    2GB of RAM
    NVidia GForce 210 w/ 256RAM
    I've checked limitations of my System, and I'm pretty much sure that I can't use dual-layer disks.
    Any Suggestions ?
    garystan

2. Rick_in_Fla

Rick_in_Fla

Google for DVD Shrink

3. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

DVD Shrink is only good for copying retail DVDs. For homemade work, it butchers the quality badly. DVD Shrink operates off the principal of throwing away excess data often found in retail releases. Even then, it won't work on all releases, because they don't all have excess data that can be tossed.

There's not enough information here, not sure what you're trying to do. What is the source? A DVD, a video capture, Youtube download -- what?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/905872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice