1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning Error Message

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by clonsilla, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonsilla

clonsilla Thread Starter

When I attempt to burn my mp4 videos from my RealPlayer Library I get the following message ' end of file: error parsing ac3 audio stream.' I had two years of successfully burning these videos until I got the above error a week ago. I am using Windows 10.

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

I have had a few videos that refused to play on my WDTV Live player hooked up to my TV. When I examined them with the freeware application "Mediainfo" it showed that the ac3 audio was actually something called E-AC3. When I converted the E-AC3 to regular AC3 the files played correctly. You might consider downloading the Mediainfo app. It will end up in your right click context menu so when you right click on an audio or video file there will be an open with mediainfo link. I prefer to set mine to tree view for a bit easier examination of the specifics of the files.
    If you have E-AC3 audio that is your problem. You can use audacity to convert it to AC3 by simply dragging the MP4 onto Audacity and it will extract the audio from it. If the audio is in stereo it will be the default setting for Audacity. If the audio is 5.1 channel and you don't want Audacity to make a stereo file from it go to Edit > Preferences and set the import/export section to Custom to keep the 5.1 audio. Then export the file and it will end up in the same folder as your MP4 video. Afterwords you will have to re-mux the file back to MP4 with the new audio. If your unsure how to do that, maybe use Avidemux freeware to change the audio leaving the video in copy mode and it will re-mux it for you as mp4, avi or mkv, what ever you choose.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice