1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning films from laptop to disc (.AVI)?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by NewGuy23, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NewGuy23

NewGuy23 Thread Starter

Ok so im looking for decent disc that will have best outcome when i burn my films to Laptop onto disc to watch with family...I Already have a software for that, Now i'm just looking for the discs, I've tryed amazon And i've seen what i want only problem is i dont understand this bit... Fortis 50PK DVD-R 16x Blank Media 4.7GB & FORTIS 8X DVD-R 50 PACK 4.7GB..So my question is which is better 8x or 16x?

2. AtlasG

AtlasG Banned

What speed is your burner? If it works at 8x, then obviously 8x will burn faster than 4x.

3. pip22

pip22

If you want less risk of writing errors giving you coasters, the slower the write speed the better. So I recommend the 8x over the 16x.
    I never burn DVD faster than 8x, and often 4x if it's available in the burning options (depends on the make of disc).

Talking of make of disc, I only use Sony & DataWrite DVDs. They've never let me down and I don't buy on price - that's not the best way to choose recording media if you want reliability.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Use a quality media. SL DVD = Verbatim or Taio Yuden, for DL DVD = Verbatim. After you know everything works with a quality media, then you can experiment with (cheap) other media.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

As for your question, it will depend upon your CD/DVD drive. If the drive can burn faster than 8x, then get the faster media. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1077691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice