Burning in PAL and NTSC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

djhc0191

Hi,

A friend mine asked me to upload some family movies for him from his camcorder, which I did with the ADS DVD Xpress. Now, I have the 2 movies (which are interviews with his father, who passed away) in MPEG format and I have done all the editing, adding titles, music etc... in Ulead Movie Studios 9. Now, he has family here in Canada that he wants to send it to, but he also has some relatives in Israel who he also wants to send it to. I've burned the NTSC ones using the Movie Studio's "Create Disc" tool, and it works fine on my DVD player, but now, I need to burn it again in PAL for his relatives in Israel to see in their DVD players. I went into preferences and changed the setting to PAL, but once it's done burning, how am I supposed to know whether it worked or not? If I use my NTSC DVD player to watch it, it won't work, and if I use my computer, it'll always work! Is there a way for me to check, using my computer, whether it burned the movie in PAL and whether it works or not?

Thanks.

MysticEyes

Banned
Many modern European sytems will play NTSC so it might work as is.

What player do you use on your computer? In Power DVD and NeroShowtime right click and choose Configuration-> Information. PowerDVD will actually say PAL, Showtime will show the info.

NTSC: 720 X 480. TV System 525/60

PAL: 720 X 576. TV System 625/50

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online