1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning Microsoft Publisher 2000 files

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sip70, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sip70

sip70 Thread Starter

I burned all my Microsoft Publisher 2000 files to a disk. After I double click the Publisher files on the disk.I get "Can not open with Publisher" I even copied and pasted them from the disk,back into a folder in my documents,and after double clicking each publisher file,it say can not open with publisher.Before I burned them,I was able to open each Publisher file that I saved. Any help is apreciated.

2. Miz

Miz

It's been a while since I've used Publisher so this is just a guess.

Right click on any .pub file you've copied back to your harddrive and uncheck "Read Only" (you can't change that attribute when the file is on the CD), click OK. Then see if Publisher will open them.

3. sip70

sip70 Thread Starter

4. sip70

sip70 Thread Starter

Thankyou Miz. But the problem was that my daughter closed the session,but left the cd open. I found that out when I burned the pub. files and closed the cd. Thanks again....Sip

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222533

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice