1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning mp3 cd

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by soldier, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soldier

soldier Thread Starter

Is there a good program to burn mp3 data cds? I want to be able to organize the tracks in folders and move them around in any order. The reason i dont like to use Nero is that it automatically puts the tracks in alphabetical order and I cant switch it back.
    Also Roxio's cd creator doesnt work well on my comp so I'm looking for something different.

2. AtreideS

AtreideS

Firstly, I would suggest Nero 5. It works great. And now your probably thinking I never read your post at all, because you said you don't like Nero. Well I just did a little experiment and I'd have to say that in my opinion it is a myth about the auto arranging of tracks in Nero. I just added an assortment of files, and they went in the exact order I added them. It was only when I had multiple files selected at once did they copy in alpahbetical order. But afterall, thats how they were sitting in the directory anyway, so it makes sense.
    Maybe if you go to View/ Arrange Icons/ Do not Sort will fix the problem. Although that only seems to arrange the file browser window, not the CD compilation window.
    I love Nero because it has a great array of features. I especially love having the Nero Wizard for days when I'm not feeling techinal. And the advanced method for when I want ultimate control over my CD's.
    Good luck with your choice. I'd try Nero again if you had an older version before. But if you did have Nero 5 and it would auto arrange your files, then I'm not really sure on an alternate program to suggest.
    I'm sure someone else will have a great program to reccommend. :)

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

4. boing

boing

Hi Soldier and group, I use nero 5.5 and put all the songs in one
    file. If I want to put them in a different order I just click and drag them to where I want that mp3 in the list. There's also a flip feature that you can use if they come up backwards to what you want. I've also heard several times that "record now" is pretty good.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I used to use Click-N-Burn, but after it burned a couple of coasters, I dug out one of the Nero disks that had been living in my CD collection and tried it. That was about a year ago, and I find Nero to be more flexible and relable than Click-N-Burn, so I'm a Nero man now. :)

6. soldier

soldier Thread Starter

Thanx for all the replies. I like Nero a lot too. I'm gonna try using Click'N Burn when i have the time.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/133293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice