1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning MPEG to DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Graeme1, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Hello All,
    Not quite sure if I am in the correct Forum here but here goes,
    If I burn an Mpeg2 file to a DVD will this play in a standard DVD player?
    Thank yoi as always,
    Graeme

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I think this will depend on your DVD player ... You may have to try one and see.
    But it will not be a Video DVD ... (with menus .. etc...)

A Video DVD must be authored. .... It's not the same as a Data DVD
    Does your DVD player or your TV have a USB input ???

3. Graeme1

Graeme1 Thread Starter

Hello All,
    I have found a programme caalled DVD Flick, I think this should do it, many thanks for all your help again

4. drfootware

drfootware

DVD flick should do the job. There is a setting where you can use an mpeg2 file, as the input, without re-encoding, provided it complies with the DVD standard. You also have to make sure of the framerate of the mpeg2 file. If the frame rate is 25fps(PAL), it won't play back on an NTSC (23.976, or 29 fps) capable dvd player, and TV. Same goes for 23.976, or 29fps(NTSC) video, isn't compatible with PAL capable dvd players, and TV's. If you're going use DVD Flick, look for older versions, and version 1.3.0.6. It seems to be the most stable,and functional. To check the framerate, open the file in VLC, and click "Tools", then "codec information". Make a note of the framerate. 1, it will indicate if it's compatible with what you want to view it on. 2, choosing the wrong framerate will cause the audio, and video to be out of sync. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224738

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice