1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning music in iTunes library to CD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lancemaple, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lancemaple

lancemaple Thread Starter

Help anybody? My operating system is Windows 10 and I am using the latest iTunes version, 12.3.2; the problem I've encountered is that with some CDs, when I download them into iTunes and call up the downloaded file, only one or two of the tracks are shown in black whilst the rest are greyed out. This doesn't prevent the greyed out tracks being played in iTunes, but if I try and burn those tracks to make a compilation CD, they wont burn. There is no such problem with the tracks shown in black (on the same CD). I've tried re-downloading the CD, but it makes no difference. Any ideas how to resolve this problem gratefully received.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I would imagine that is because they are copy protected.

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Exactly...it's not like in the old days before copy right protected music where you could simple and easily extract songs from a CD disc.

4. lancemaple

lancemaple Thread Starter

That's what my first thought, but I don't think it can be the case because, as I said, some tracks on the same CD can be burned and others can be listened to but not burned.. I would think that either all the tracks would be copy protected, or none of them.

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Not necessarily.
    If they had different authors for the songs, some may have different contracts.
    Each track is a separate file!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1166766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice