burning photo slide show to a dvd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Millieann

I want to burn scanned images and digital photos to a dvd, not a cd, to be viewed on my dvd player. I have Nero PhotoSuite, but it only burns to a CD. What would be the suggested software to use to do this. Also is there any way to make all the images in a slide show the same size, and add music as well. Millieann : :confused:

Millieann

I entered a post on the wrong forum, so here goes again. I want to burn scanned photos and digital photos to a dvd, rather than a cd, as my dvd player does not playback cd photo disks. I have Nero photo suite, but it only burns to cds. What software would be suggested to burn photos to a dvd, with music for slides shows? Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to keep buying the wrong software. :confused:

I think PhotoSuite is Roxio. All of the current Nero products burn to DVD.

Many DVD players will read VCDs. You could try putting a slideshow on CD with PhotoSuite and see if your player will read it. You can put a pretty big slideshow on a CD.

If you are going to purchase something for the job you probably can’t beat Nero 6 Ultra Edition. This is the best price I see from a reliable source: http://www.atomicpark.com/xq/aspx/n...odid.18164/buy.software/qx/productdetail.html It will do all you asked for and more.

I would bulk size the images in something like the freeware Irfanview before starting with whatever program you use. You don’t need the images larger than a HDTV. I’m not exactly sure what that is, but you would probably do fine with a thousand pixel width on the horizontal shots. Everything goes a lot faster if you start with smaller images. You should probably do the horizontal and vertical shots separately with no more than 700 pixels in the vertical. If the CD works in your player I would make a test run to see what sizes you need. Put several different sizes on the CD and use the smallest in horizontal or vertical you can display.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Hi Millieann, Welcome to TSG!!

I've merged your threads to this one. Please don't create duplicate posts for the same problem.

If you post in the wrong forum or want your post moved just click on the report button and request it to be moved.

For more information see the Welcome guide.
http://www.techguy.org/welcome.html

Millieann

I will look into this software and maybe try the free trial. I have plenty of ways to burn to a cd, but my dvd player does not play cd-+r, just video cds, which I assume are used for only video cd recordings. Is there anyway you can duplicate a photo cd to a dvd? :eek:

kath100 said:
Having made similar mistakes and ended up buying plenty of unreliable software, the best program I have is Proshow Gold.
http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online