1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning pictures to dvd+rw disc

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cranlady, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cranlady

cranlady Thread Starter

I burned a folder of pictures to a disc and now want to burn another folder to the disc and my computer won't let me. I have a Toshiba laptop with a vista operating system. Any help would be appreciated.
    Linda

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your software has probably finalised the DVD - so it can work on any DVD Player

What software did you use to burn

if you are planning to keep the images on the DVD as a backup - I would recommend you do NOT use RW disks - they are really only for temporary storage

3. cranlady

cranlady Thread Starter

Software??? It would be software that came with the laptop. As you can tell I'm not very knowledgable about this sort of thing. I can burn folders of pictures to a disc but only once.
    I cannot add additional folders of pics. I have to use a new disc. Is this normal?
    The discs I am using are Sony DVD+RW. What sort of discs should I be using? I also want to put camcorder videos on some discs.
    thanks
    ~L

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    What windows version are you using , XP, Vista, Windows 7
    whats the make and model of the laptop
    There can be various software supplied for you to use, Roxio/Nero/etc or can you can just use the native windows facility
    the trick will be to look for a setting for multi-session or finalising
    If you finalise a dvd then that stops any more data being put on the disk and enables it to played on any other device - if you don't finalise and use multi-session , then you can keep adding files /folders onto the DVD - but may only be able to use on the PC the DVD was created on

The Sony DVD+RW are fine to use - but if you are expecting to put the files onto the DVD and keep them as backup storage , I would recommend DVD+R
    these can only be written onto once - and are more permanent then DVD-RW - also cannot be accidentally erased

5. cranlady

cranlady Thread Starter

Toshiba Satellite L300
    3GB
    Vista Home Premium with service pack 2 installed
    Do I need to buy additional software?
    thanks

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice