1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by edmonds, Jun 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. edmonds

edmonds Thread Starter

Hi im trying to burn an iso image file. I have tried two programs, nero and easy cd creator 6. On nero it gives the following error, track following error burn process failed @ 16X. I have dropped the speed down from I believe 24X. On easy cd creator it says E80004005 unspecified error. I have windows xp, a yamaha crw3200E and also a hp dvd writer dvd300i. If i'm not mistaken the yamaha is set to master and the dvd to slave. If I have left any thing out please let me know and I will give more details. Thanks a lot need help on this one.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Nero should give you more info about the error. Has the drive ever worked or is this a new problem?

Try disabling the DMA on the CD burner(secondary channel) - go to control panel, system, hardware, device manager, ide/atapi and advanced.

You can also try changing from Data / Audio CD with TAO ( Track-at-Once, the default Data writing mode ) to DAO ( Disc-at-Once )

Also make sure that you don't have DirectCD and INCD installed at the same time - remove one.

Also make sure you have the latest patches from both Roxio and Nero.

And lastly try burning something else if you haven't already - there may be something wrong with the image.

3. edmonds

edmonds Thread Starter

thanks for reply, im tring to disable dma under secondary ide channel properties and it give the following

Device 0
    device type: auto detection==>can't access it
    transfer mode: dma if available
    or I could use PIO only

current transfer mode: ultra DMA Mode 2

Device 1

Device type: auto detection
    transfer mode: pio only=>selected
    or can choose dma if available
    Current transfer mode: ultra dma mode 2

Doesn't give me an option to disable it in the advanced settings.
    Should I change any of those options? thanks for reply.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sorry, thats change it to PIO only.

DMA is Direct Memory Access - faster and bypasses the CPU
    PIO is Programmed Input Output - slower and uses the CPU

5. jnibori

jnibori

edmonds -

Have you tried this?

Launch Nero and close the Wizard and the New Compilation box. Go to the tool bar and select File > Burn Image. Make sure the file type is correct.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/142054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice