1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by drafter, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drafter

drafter Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me after you burn a disc some computers can read it and some cant. I thought maybe if you burnt a disc you have to read it on a burner, but this is not the case. I have tried to read it on an ordinary cdrom and a cdrw to no avail. An I doing something wrong?

2. $teve

$teve

Depends on what you burned..............specially if its a movie the other comp may be missing the codecs to see/hear the film.
    ;)

3. drafter

drafter Thread Starter

No it is purely data

4. $teve

$teve

Data..As in what?..............Windows needs to know what its seeing in order to assign a specific program to read the data.
    IE: if you burn a zipped copy of something and the other comp dos`nt have winzip/winrar or whatever windows will chase its tail.
    Not trying to be pedantic here,Its easier to treat all posters as retards seeing as we dont know peoples computer savvy.

:)

5. mobo

mobo

:D :D

6. $teve

$teve

Was that too frank do ya think mo?
    :D

7. mobo

mobo

Nearly fell of my chair laughing...Wife deffinitly thinks i'm nuts after the outburst.:D

8. GRudger

GRudger

if you haven't finalised the cd it, sometimes other cddrives cant read it, and i have also noticed that my old computer cant read any burnt cds from my new computer at all...dont know why

9. drafter

drafter Thread Starter

Its not that it doesn't know what application to launch, it actaully says "the disk in drive E is not formated" but I have tried burning this disk 3 times now, and yes I have definetely closed the disk when I finished. The computer that I burnt it on is a 800mhz and I have tried to read it on 3 different computers ranging form 800mhz to 1700mhz. The computer that I burnt it on has FAT32 hard drives, the computers that I am tring to read it on have NTFS hard drives. Does this mean when I fomat my cd on a computer with FAT 32 drives it will be formated with FAT32 and not be able to be read from a computer with NTFS drives. I dont know Im just grasping at straws. I have also tried reading the disk in other burners. When I make disks it seems to be random whether I can read them or not. Is CD burning just a hit and miss thing. Hasn't the computer gurus got this figured so theat it is stable.

Please help

10. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

If your using packet writing software (like EZCD) to write the CD, you need to install a UDF driver on the computers you wish to read it from..

http://aolcom.com.com/3000-2100-9497911.html?tag=pop

You can alternately install the burning software onto those PC's which will install the driver needed..

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice