burning problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drafter

Can anyone tell me after you burn a disc some computers can read it and some cant. I thought maybe if you burnt a disc you have to read it on a burner, but this is not the case. I have tried to read it on an ordinary cdrom and a cdrw to no avail. An I doing something wrong?

Depends on what you burned..............specially if its a movie the other comp may be missing the codecs to see/hear the film.
;)

Data..As in what?..............Windows needs to know what its seeing in order to assign a specific program to read the data.
IE: if you burn a zipped copy of something and the other comp dos`nt have winzip/winrar or whatever windows will chase its tail.
Not trying to be pedantic here,Its easier to treat all posters as retards seeing as we dont know peoples computer savvy.

:)

Nearly fell of my chair laughing...Wife deffinitly thinks i'm nuts after the outburst.:D

if you haven't finalised the cd it, sometimes other cddrives cant read it, and i have also noticed that my old computer cant read any burnt cds from my new computer at all...dont know why

drafter

Its not that it doesn't know what application to launch, it actaully says "the disk in drive E is not formated" but I have tried burning this disk 3 times now, and yes I have definetely closed the disk when I finished. The computer that I burnt it on is a 800mhz and I have tried to read it on 3 different computers ranging form 800mhz to 1700mhz. The computer that I burnt it on has FAT32 hard drives, the computers that I am tring to read it on have NTFS hard drives. Does this mean when I fomat my cd on a computer with FAT 32 drives it will be formated with FAT32 and not be able to be read from a computer with NTFS drives. I dont know Im just grasping at straws. I have also tried reading the disk in other burners. When I make disks it seems to be random whether I can read them or not. Is CD burning just a hit and miss thing. Hasn't the computer gurus got this figured so theat it is stable.

Please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online