1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by niloc41, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niloc41

niloc41 Thread Starter

I have a Mac OS X 10.5.7
    Processor 2.8 GHz Intel 2 Core Duo
    Memory 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I can play burned dvd's and pre-recorded DVD's on my Mac but when I go to burn I get the following messages
    "The disc can't be burned because the device failed to calibrate the laser power level for this media."
    "Burning the disc failed because an unexpected error occured (error code 0X8002006E."

When a blank disc is loaded the Mac makes a few noises and ejects the disc.
    I use Verbatim 16X and was advised that my Mac can only take 8X. I have tried TDK 1-16X and it is accepted and shows on the screen as "untitled dvd" but when I transfer the chapters to the "untitled dvd" it goes through all the processes and the dvd ejects. When I go to replay nothing happens and the disc ejects.

I hope the above is not too convoluted and somebody can assist before I take it in to be serviced.

Thanks in advance

Niloc41

2. midders

midders Account Closed

Not very familiar with Macs I'm afraid, but for all things CD and DVD related head over to http://club.cdfreaks.com and someone who knows more than me will point you in the right direction.

Sláinte

midders

3. niloc41

niloc41 Thread Starter

Thanks for your prompt reply, Slainte.
    I'm heading off to club.cdfreaks.com immediately.
    Niloc41

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/827302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice