burning ps games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IanH

What is the best program for copying ps games that I have at home.

Max19

Account Disabled
Sounds like piracy to me. It can't be discussed on this board.

IanH, you will have to clarify. If it's cracked or copyrighted software, Max19 is right.

IanH
However!!!!!
if you are making a "backup" of a game you already OWN, it is perfectly legal. use nero5.

There was a program called PSX Copy 2000 that would copy them on the fly. I haven’t seen it lately, but it is the exact same program as Prassi Primo CD Plus and Sony CD Extreme, which will both copy a PSX game on the fly at full speed if you have a good CD-ROM drive. Prassi has a PX update on their site that will keep any of the three up to speed on PSX.

Sony was giving CD Extreme away for almost a year. The link has recently gone dead, but I still have the free version. If you want I’ll get it to you. You will have to update it on the Sony site and update the PSX engine at Prassi Europe.

The program of choice after the Prassi is CloneCD.

IanH

thank-you, that would be greatly appreciated. I have a matshita burner, and have had no problems with it. I currently use ez cd 5, but sometimes have problem with the music on the games, I was told this isn't uncommon. so if you get me a copy, that would be excellent:) .

I had it up on an online storage site for you, but I just found that Oz already has it up on his site for download. Get the manual – it is pretty good. Oz: http://ozaustralia.cjb.net/ Select Sony in the left column.

After you download the program check that it will run your burner before you apply the updates. It will work on any burner that is over a year old without updates. I don’t recommend you do the updates unless you must. It will work fine but there are a lot of Sony drivers you don’t need that increases the overhead in the updates that are not on the original program. Definitely go to Prazzi and update the PX engine: http://www.prassieurope.com/

Unless you have a state of the art CD-ROM you might find it better to use the burner as both source and destination via the HD. You can just use the Copy utility on the opening wizard and record at full speed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online