1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning Speed Keeps Changing?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Artic, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artic

Artic Thread Starter

My problem is that I burn videos in Dvd format that I have converted from avi to dvd. been doing this for over a year and a half. My burner is 16 speed. The Dvd blank disc I use are dvd-r 16X. I use Nero 6.6.0.18. I have always burnt them at 16 speed with no trouble. Now all of a sudden the same brand disc (its not the disc) will sometimes burn at 16, sometimes at 12 and sometimes at 4 speed. I used to always get a constant 16 speed. Do reckon something is unchecked in my Nero burner somewhere? I have checked everything. Any and all help would be deeply appreciated. many thanks and God Bless.

2. emoric

emoric

If your burner is a 16x that means 16x Max. It may or may not write all the way up to 16x. A lot depends on your other hardware also such as your ram and cpu speed. Just make sure your running the least amount of applications while you are writing. Hope this helps some. :x

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Laser life is finite, and so as the laser ages with use its output may decrease, resulting in slower burn speeds.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice