1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning VCD'S

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mountaineer, Apr 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mountaineer

mountaineer Thread Starter

I have a Canon Camcorder with the DV tape. I have a 1394 hook-up that I use to download my tapes to my computer. I have tried several different methods to burn the VCD but can't get any to play in my DVD player that plays VCD. I had the movie in media files, mepg-1, etc. All will play on my computer but none on a DVD player. I mainly use the Nero software package to download and to convert files to burn the VCD. Any ideas of how I can get a VCD that will play?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

DVD players are media sensitive. Some will not play a CD-R but will play CD-RW.
    Others are just the reverse.

Try changing media type. This assumes when you say "will not play" that the DVD player does not recognise that a disk is loaded.

Nero VCD works for me, but for one player only if I use CD-RW

3. mountaineer

I have tried this using both a CD-R and a CD-RW. Neither will work?

4. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

mountaineer - your DVD player needs to be compatible as well. You will have to read up on the specs for the player, some (usually the older models) aren't capable of playing VCDs or CD-R/RWs...the player must specify that it does.

Hope this helps,

MBN

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

MBN
    Does your crazy eye's avatar say Men on it?
    How funny!! (y) :D ;)

Dave

6. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Yup Davey, that has been addressed before, and although it actually says "MBN", I could make the argument that men have the same dizzying effect on me :D !

7. kath100

kath100

Someone "borrowed" MBNs avatar but I understand they gave it back :)
    Its one I always look for, guarantee of good advice.

8. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Why thank you kath! Yup, my avatar was returned to me and I've since added that additional piece of confusion (the MBN)....

And God knows I've learned a thing or two about different graphics/photo tips and tricks by reading your posts!

MBN

9. mountaineer

My DVD player says it will play both CD-R and CD-RW?

10. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

The VCD process can be tricky. Nero is a CD burning software, so I'm never happy using it to convert my files.

I convert my files in my editing software (Ulead Media Studio) and only use Nero to do the final burn. You might want to try it that way...

If all else fails (because there can be many ways to do it), I suggest you do some research: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

This site is dedicated to issues like yours and you will be able to review and make changes based on the process you are currently using. If you read your first post, you tell us that you've tried several ways, but no more specifics....

The only thing that comes to mind is ensuring that when you're using Nero, you are going through the wizard and choosing Other Format, then Video CD. When you are finished moving your mpgs from the right to the left side, you can then go to File>Compilation Information, on the first tab, Video CD, make sure you check Create Standard Compliant CD, on the second tab, Menu, choose how and if you want menu prompts to auto start your CD. Then on the last tab, Burn, make sure you have Finalize checked...don't think players can play open CDs.

Good Luck,

MBN

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice