1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burning VOB Files onto a DVD

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by MorinKAshi, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MorinKAshi

MorinKAshi Thread Starter

Hello,

I am about to receive a file that contains VOB Files. I was wondering how I could burn these files onto a DVD?

Also, I have Dvix to burn DVD's, but are there better, free programs to burn these files to?

If you want to know what I'm getting, it's in this forum:

http://forum.editorsofficial.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=9072&start=345

Thank you!

2. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

Download the software as follows:

- ReJig (freeware)

- ImgBurn (freeware)

3. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

download the remaining video_ts folder then you can burn as a dvd

4. MorinKAshi

I have to download both?

5. MorinKAshi

Would I have to use software (Like the ones provided above) or can I use Dvix?

6. MorinKAshi

I got ImgBurn, but I haven't been able to successfully make a DVD that doesn't jump around. The colors come out black and white and there is no audio during the menu, as there should be.

Any help?

Also, I only have DVD+R DL (Double Layer) Blank DVD's, if that helps.

7. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

8. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

To be able to do the task we need two free third party tools, IfoEdit and VobEdit, that can be downloaded from the internet.
    so the vobs are on the hdd as files then you don't need isobuster only the ifo and vob edits utilities. then you can make a new complete vob with ifo file etc...
    my approach to your problem is to use a vob2mpg converter to extract the video mpg files out of the vobs then load into dvdflick and let the author program make a new dvd for you..the burn as a video_ts dvd

9. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

Use ReJig to do DVD authoring.

It's pretty simple with ReJig. Press "File Mode"; add your vob files and Demux.
    When it's finished, close that box and then select DVD Author. Add the video and audio files you've just created, and choose output destination folder, and click Create.
    After DVD authoring is completed, you can open the destination folder to see that the output files are AUDIO-TS and VIDEO-TS folders, which are the correct structure for DVD burning.

Use ImgBurn to burn DVD

We have got VIDEO-TS folder in part two, so the DVD burning process with ImgBurn is pretty simple. Here give you two links to check the detailed steps:
    How to write DVD Video files directly to single layer media using ImgBurn (DVD±R/RW)
    How to write a DVD Video double layer disc using ImgBurn (Verbatim DVD+R DL) – just check the contents that start from adding VIDEO-TS folder of this guide.

The detail guide: vob to DVD

10. MorinKAshi

I checked the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders, but there is nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder, while the VIDEO_TS folder has the same files I started with (BUP, IFO, VOB's). The step before also created a MPEG version of the video as well as a PCM file. Is this correct?

11. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

you have VIDEO_TS folder,but you dont have AUDEI_TS folder before?
    Can you play your .vob using VLC?

12. MorinKAshi

No, I didn't have the "AUDEI_TS" folder before.
    The vob files do play using VLC.

13. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

14. MorinKAshi

Well, when I start it, it recognizes that the disc is a double layer disc. From then on it asks if I want to burn it on both layers or a single layer. What should I choose?

Also, The disc only supports 4.0x, 6.0x, and 8.0x writing speed. I chose the slowest for safety.

15. ww927bin

ww927bin Banned

The disc is a double layer disc,you choose both layers.

How to write a DVD Video double layer disc using ImgBurn

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=4643

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice