1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burnt Cd Problem's/Or Something???

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ajdarcy, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajdarcy

ajdarcy Thread Starter

(WHEN I NAMED THE FOLDER ON THE BURNT CD IT HAD THE CHARACTER (>) IN IT, AND THIS HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH JOLIET NAMING OF WHAT THE CD BURNS DISCS)

Hi, I've got Nero and I reformatted my HHD, and so I had to back up all my files/media. I burnt 3 cd's with each of them containing Videos. The problem, I'm having is only with these 3 Video ones...I burnt other video ones but they turned out fine.

well these 3 won't let me get into the folder in which the video files are in on the cds. I checked the properties and the size is 650Mb, so i know that they're on there. I tried copying the folder to the HHD...but It won't let me do it... I also tried copying the disc through Nero, and the copied one also had teh same problem.

I'm guessing that, when I did burn these 3 cd's I made a the folder from within Nero...where it says drag and drop....cause all the other cds I made the folder on teh HHD and just placed that folder in the Burning Program.

Can someone please Help.....it about 1.5Gigs for the 3 Cd's and I don't want to spend time re-downloading them....

Darc

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Try using the ren command from dos to rename and replace the files into a directory on your hard drive.. There are some filenames that you cannot use in windows, but sometimes you can fool the computer into moving and/or renaming them by useing wildcards and the command xcopy or ren.

Ren *.avi c:\temp\files\

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice