1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burnt plastic smell

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ljdoyle, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ljdoyle

Ljdoyle Thread Starter

So I plugged in a new pcle into my graphics card 1080 ti so it has a 8 pin and a 6 pin What I had before was a 8 and 6 pin connected together into both slots of the graphics card so one psu into both graphics card psu sand today I added another 6 pin to 6 pin so I would have two psu into my graphics card and I have a 850w thermal take and when I did this and turned it on wouldn’t turn on and when I plugged back in the old set up I had it started smelling burnt and I haven’t turned it on since but it did turn on and everything worked I was wondering did I fry something

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Yeppirs, I'd bet on it. Take a look/sniff around and see if you can determine when the damage might be.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!