1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Burstnet....?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sgooch, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgooch

sgooch Thread Starter

Who is burstnet.com? Whenever i click the back button it says connecting to burstnet.com/cgi-bin....... and it doesn't acually go back a page it site there. i click back again and it does the same thing. only on the 3rd try does the browser go back. It is very frustrating. is it a virus or spyware or something?

2. john1

john1

Its part of the sponsoring.
    It counts the visits.

Just use the little drop-down arrow next to the back button,
    and go back prior to the burstnet counting.

On mine i usually have to go back three places.

John :)

3. starwaves77

starwaves77

I used a computer, win98, that had your problem with BURSTNET, only on this pc it would get locked in the Burstnet page and you couldn't go back at all, the normal page in Tech Guy would start loading and then maybe at the 75% load point Burstnet would take over completely, the trick was to click on "stop" at the right moment just before Burstnet loaded and then you could view the page, it was frustrating........

Since it only happened on that specific computer I never tried to resolve that, but maybe you could try and block it using your "hosts" file, let the page load for burstnet, copy it's URL and paste in your hosts file, and loop it back to your pc.......

like this>
    127.0.0.1 www.burstnet.com%%%##*

:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice