Business Card Software ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dr911

Hey All,

I'm looking for a "free" (love that word) software that I can make business cards from. Any ideals ?? I'm running 98se & XPpro. I'm getting ready to start my business......hopefully with some business cards !! ;)

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Well if you have Microsoft Word, you can do it in that. But yes that does cost money. You can probably do it in OpenOffice as well.

Some advice, and that is to get your cards made professionally if at all possible.

It costs peanuts to get it done commercially and a home produced card tends to always look like what it is, it can send entirely the wrong impression.

If someone picks it up with wet hands the ink will smudge if done with an inkjet printer.

I have a thousand or so business cards here from other people, the home made ones do stand out (badly in most cases).

I agree...don't print them InkJet. If you're getting a decent quantity its also cheaper to order them online than buy the paper for them. Vistaprint.com is good.

dr911

Thanks All,
I'm D/Loading OpenOffice right now........76.3 MB.......this software package is HUGE !!!

Thank goodness I have cable....d/l speed of 229 kb/s !!!!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If you print them on a laser printer, they don't come out bad. I've had to change phone numbers and FAX numbers on my card several times, and I've generated a few to bridge the gap until the new cards get printed, they've looked fine. I'd prefer a laser printed card to one with the phone number crossed off and written on. :D

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
dr911 said:
Thanks All,
I'm D/Loading OpenOffice right now........76.3 MB.......this software package is HUGE !!!

You are joking right! Look at how big Office 2003 is!!!!!

dr911 said:
Well, at 229kb/s it is still going to take over 44 minutes to download.

However, at 229kB/s now we are talking about 5.5 minutes. :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's even faster with a download speed of 700-800kbyte/sec. :D

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
kiwiguy said:
Some advice, and that is to get your cards made professionally if at all possible.

It costs peanuts to get it done commercially and a home produced card tends to always look like what it is, it can send entirely the wrong impression.

If someone picks it up with wet hands the ink will smudge if done with an inkjet printer.

I have a thousand or so business cards here from other people, the home made ones do stand out (badly in most cases).
While I agree, if you spray your cards with a clear matte fixer(front and back) they are then waterproof!

Puzzled by that as well.

Thought I must have missed something. Perhaps the person works for newegg and wants to increase business?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online