business works

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gigglynn

hello, I have a question about Sage Business Works. I use this program at work and I keep getting errors when trying to print from it. I have Windows XP at work. Here are the error messages I get:
oh, and I am able to print from BW from another computer under my log in for BW...but just on my computer is when I get the errors.
Exception Exception in Module BWWFMDSN.EXE at 0009:3E21
Unable to write to piparti.ini.

Also another I got when I went to the word book mark

Bookmarks are damaged, please exit winhelp and delete winhelp.bmk.

Finally, when I run a report in Business works and it shows it on screen..when I try to close it out..it wont let me and tells me that there is an error in my viewer module..I end up having to close out the whole program to get out of the error messages.
Can anyone help??
Someone said it may be the security settings on the computer or something? does that sound right?

gigglynn

Thanks for your help...they wouldnt let me register for some reason...so back at square one.

I'm having a similar issue. I had to switch a coworker to an XP box last week because her old machine finally kicked the bucket. Earlier this morning, I ran into what it looks to be similar to your problem and figured out that the user trying to print certain report need to be an Administrator or Power User on the machine since Business Works is considered "legacy" software. The particular report we were trying to run when it gave me a message similar to yours was (actually an invoice, not a report)...A/R, Transaction, Invoices...it wouldn't even show a choice of forms to use until I switched the user to a Power User.

What's VERY odd now, she just called me and said she was getting errors when trying to view a G/L Journal report on the screen. It comes up with general protection errors and faults and then you can't close BW without using Task Manager, End Task at least 3 times!

What's odd about it is that she can print the report to the printer, it just doesn't like the screen. I tried "fooling" it by changing screen sizes but that didn't work. Just wondering if you've found anything further or any other useful discussion boards specifically for BW. I haven't had much luck.

Thanks!
Wendy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online