1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Busy Server Error Message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by willpit, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willpit

willpit Thread Starter

Hi,
    I'm a new member and I joined because I saw an old thread about the same problem I'm having, but I have a few more weird things too. So I get this pop-up box fairly frequently that says something to the effect of: Server Busy
    This action can not be performed because another program is using it and then there's a propt to: "switch to" or "retry".
    Like other members, when I click on "switch to" the start-up menu pops up. This happens while I'm on and off line and there doesn't seem to be a pattern. What's different from other posts is sometimes all the background windows will disappear, even my desktop file icons, and leave just the window I'm working in. In fact, not even the start menu will show up once I close that window. I don't know if this is part of the same bug or something different.
    I'm a little nervous because, being the Dexter junky that I am, I had tried to watch the first episod at watchdexteronline.com. It asked me to start downloading stuff and that's when these messages started. I've run Norton Antivirus 2009 and cleaned up whatever it's found, but I still get the error messages.
    One of the techy people asked for a diagnostic scan, which I'd love to do to get advice.
    thanks in advance,
    will

2. scifo76

scifo76

I'm having the same "server busy" message when trying to run my Samsung PC Studio software. Using Vista Home Premium 32-bits. Let me know you come up with a solution. Thanx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice